2013년 5월 8일 수요일

Creating a Career Portfolio

 A few days ago, I made my own Career Portfolio for the first time. A career portfolio is organized evidence of my work background, readiness for the job and specific job skills that make me qualified for the job for which I will be applying. This is supporting evidence of why I am the best candidate for the job by showing the skills employers are seeking.

 Actually, it was an assignment of the class 'career preparation.' The professor saw too many students who succeeded in getting a job with their portfolio. So she recommended us to make our own portfolio.

First of all, I did a few tests such as MBTI and Vocational Aptitude Test to know about my self. Since I haven't decided what to do yet, the most important thing was to know about my self. As a result, my MBTI type is E - extroversion S - sensing F - feeling P - perceiving.  I did this test about 7years ago, and the result turned out to be the same as before. The result of the test is really well matched with my personality. I was so surprised because nothing's changed since I was young. Vocational Aptitude Test also showed that I am a person who is outgoing, sociable, and likes working in groups. Due to it, they say that the job which deals with people might be suitable for me.
Both Tests represent my personality and aptitude pretty well I think.


Part of my portfolio ;)



Secondly, with the result of two tests, I found a reson why I am the best candidate for the job. I assumed to be a personal assistant in law firm, and my personality, aptitude, and the job would fit well according to the result of the tests. In addition to this, I attached my working experiences and extracurricular activities. I've experienced working as an assistant of other secretaries at the office of a member of the National Assembly. I could learn about what kind of work secretaries do and how they manage it. It was a good chance to know about them.

As I am majoring in law and have a sociable personality, this job would be good for me. Several Seniors, who graduated with the same major as me, are working as a personal assistant at one of the major law firms, and they are satisfied with their job. This job is well-paid and has lots of benefits. Also, the intensity of the work is not that high. For these reasons, this job is quite popular with many women. I am considering to apply for this job though I have to get through the high employment competition.;-)
 


Lastly, I wrote down my ambitions for the future when I get this job. For these, I have three reasons that I will be the best personal assistant in the company. To sum up, get ready to work and to support the boss in advance so that the boss doesn't need to consider unnecessary things. Also, I will be sensible and sensitive at the same time to deal with any kind of situation and to bring a smile on coworker's face all the time.

My career portfolio hasn't been completed yet, and I am still working on it to be perfect. I hope it can be a secret weapon to be chosen over the other candidates. Wish me luck! :)

댓글 2개:

  1. A job as a personal assisant at a law firm would indeed be a pretty good job. It would be challenging, but I doubt you would go home exhausted at the end of the day.

    I worked at a Law Firm in Texas at around age 19, and it was an interesting experience.

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. oh really? you worked at a law firm? interesting...lol what did you do? sounds cool... well, yes, i will be exhausted at the end of the day, but it will be the same no matter what i do...:( koreans work too much.. such a workaholic!

      삭제