2013년 5월 22일 수요일

About my major and double major!



Since I am majoring in Law, we usually don’t have lots of assignments or presentations in the class. I guess it is because of a feature of the subject. I think the most efficient way to study Law is just to focus on the text book by studying alone. As you know, studying for a long time is not that easy unless you like it. As I am a person who likes to go out and doesn’t like studying, I feel super bored and lose concentration easily even though I like the subject. However, it is really comfortable not to have any assignment or team work project. Actually, some of the classes have assignments, presentations, and team projects. Usually, most of law classes don’t. Good for being a lazy student. Haha
 
On the other hand, I am double majoring in English Literature which requires students to do lots of things all the time. It doesn’t matter whether the subject is about writing, speaking, grammar, or novel. Some of them have a pop quiz all the time. Some of them have lots of homework, presentation, and team work project. When I took a class of English Literature Dept., I was so shocked that I had to do too many things every week. So I couldn’t get used to following up other students and the class. Especially, the class and professor were famous for being hard, strict, and difficult to get a good score. Nevertheless, I found it interested me in a way and tried to do my best to get a great grade. The result was B+, and I was so disappointed because it was the first class as for a double major subject and I made a lot of efforts to get into it. So I became scared and worried about my double major. After that, I took another class which was not related to literature things, but was about English listening and speaking. It was easier to study than a previous subject, and I could get a good grade. Even though my English skills were not that good, but I tried to use English a lot. and now I know how to speak, listen, wrtie, read, and do predentations in English.

 
Now, as I am the oldest grade in school, the classes become harder and more difficult. Even there are so many students who are fluent in English. I am still worried about my grades and English skills, but I’ve gained lots of things through the classes that required me to do assignments and presentations. I am still not good enough to have a high level of English, but I am trying…. because I like learning new languages and wanna communicate with lots of different people..lol
 Hopefully, what I’ve learned for four years at university will be helpful in the future when I get a job no matter what it will be.. and makes my life much better!

댓글 2개:

  1. So your grade in most of the law department classes is just based on exam scores?

    I am curious if your law classes are taught in English or Korean.

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. most of them are based on attendance and exams. that might be strange but the exams are difficult and the range of the exam is amazingly extensive..;p if there is an assignment or presentation, it accounts for 10 or 20%..
      a few of them are in english but most of them are in korean!

      삭제