2013년 4월 3일 수요일

The Application Process Step by Step


I finally have my application form submitted today. Actually I’ve experienced this several times before; this time is the hardest one so far. By now, it was not a formal thing, but was informal one for getting part-time jobs. There are a couple of things you need to do in applying for companies. I am going to go over some of the process and give you useful tips.

2 steps to prepare for a job application:


1. Get your professional profile picture:

 If you are about to put any pictures of you on a resume, it would be one of the reasons to be left you off the list of applicants. You need to dress up neatly to look like a professional worker. For this, I went to a photo studio to get my profile picture. Usually, Korean female applicants go to a beauty salon to get a professional make-up & hair style. In my case, I really didn’t have enough time so that I did my make-up by myself and got hairdressing from my friend. Fortunately, it was done nicely! :) Look. How nice I look like..!

(A woman in the picture doesn’t look like myself.
All thanks to Photoshop. XD)


2. Write a letter of introduction: know about yourself! :

A letter of introduction is the same as a cover letter. Well, there are various application forms depending on companies. Each company has their own application form, and they give you several different sections regarding your work experience, the reason why you want to work with them, and so on. To impress them, you should know about yourself. It seems to be easy, but you might get into trouble while filling out the form.

Me, myself… I did. I stayed up all night for several days to complete my cover letter. I found out that it is the most difficult thing for me to express myself by writing a cover letter. :( I want to say that the more you know who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you. Right understanding of yourself will only help you to write a perfect cover letter. You can get some advice of people around you about this as well.


If you are done with these two steps, now you are ready to be a perfect applicant! I am sure that things will work out for the best. Good luck with your application!

Though I am not yet ready to be a good applicant and have a long way forward, I am trying to do my best as much as I can. Hopefully, I can get involved in a company I really want to work for.
I’ll go for it. Good luck for me! :)

댓글 5개:

  1. I don't know what happen to the font size. Some of them became too small size. maybe it's only problem in my laptop...it's really bothering. so I've been tryig to change it about 20 times but it doesn't work. i gave up.. so sorry but you might not be able to see that well, please understand it.

    답글삭제
  2. One of the big differences between a Korean job application and a western one is that pictures are [usually] not expected in the West.

    Of course, cover letters are important in both cultures.

    (Don't worry about the font size -- I just zoomed in a bit.)

    답글삭제
  3. In the UK, they ask you some of the most ridiculous questions, on job application forms!!

    답글삭제