2013년 3월 27일 수요일

Have you ever heard about 'Wisdome'?




Today, I attended a seminar hosted by ‘Wisdome’, which is one of Share Economy companies in Korea. They aim to share a wide variety of experience and knowledge by inviting experts in every field. They make a lot of group seminars and post them on their own website, http://www.wisdo.me/index.do; then people can participate in the seminar that they are interested in. It might be a great opportunity for people who want to get some advice from experts in particular fields. After having the seminar, participants get to know each other with the same interests and share other things they’ve got as well.

The seminar that I took part in was about a Sharing Economy company ‘Airbnb’, which is famous for sharing special places all over the world. It’s totally different from a normal lodging business, but they connect people in a unique and special way. First, they look for some hosts who have any vacancy in their house; then they help some tourists stay there for at a reasonable price. In addition, tourists get some information about local places from their hosts and hang out with them while staying there. What a great way to utilize useless flats and to learn about the local things that is not well known to tourists!
 

 Well, we did video chatting online with a Korean employee from Airbnb since she’s been working at Asian office in Singapore. She gave us a brief presentation concerning her company's services, policies, and so on. We could have known about a lot more information about the company, and it motivated me in various ways; basically, I am quite interested in working at international companies like Airbnb, and I am willing to work abroad if I can get the opportunity. Well… let me imagine if I could work in another country, oh… OMG! That would be super awesome!! ;) I might choose one of the countries which weather is unchangeable and which people are friendlier than others. As you know, Korea is too cold in the winter, and it is too hot in the summer!
 
Actually, I have short-term work experience in the U.S when I was in San Francisco last year. In spite of my imperfect English and inexperience, I could have enjoyed myself working there. International people, a different business culture, working by speaking in English… everything was so intriguing even though I was having difficulties from time to time. I sorely miss everything there sooooo much, and I've left my heart out there... haha ;)

    Anyway... from today’s seminar, I could have got the time again to think of my dreams, future job. It was really wonderful, and I will attend another meeting later on. I am looking forward to doing it!

댓글 2개:

  1. Airbnb sounds kind of like Couchsurfing.com

    It sounds like this was something of a networking event. Does Airbnb only have one Korean employee, or are they looking to hire more?

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. yes it's like Couchsurfing, but different in many ways.;)they have their branches all over the world. the main office is located in san francisco, and they have asian office in sigapore. she is not only one korea employee, but works in sigapore branch in charge of asian country's network. and recetly they are looking for new korean workers to set up anoher branch in korea.

      삭제